Small lauren tarshis authorphoto d098611b99

Lauren Tarshis : author

Hi Historians 

Read my blog post HERE and take the Historians Challenge: research and share fascinating facts about America’s tornado history!

--Lauren

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of tornadoes, even though I've never actually experienced one. Whenever my area gets a Tornado Watch, I freak out.

Yet I still like looking a pictures of tornadoes and reading about them, even watching videos of them. I watched a little bit of this show called Weather Caught on Camera, and this guy filmed a tornado that was right in his backyard!

• Posted at:

Samurai/Kyorugi Taegeuk

The Lady With Taekwondo Problems

#KickLikeAGirl

Junior Assistant Taekwondo Instructor

Martial Arts Action Writer

Training for my black belt

Future Olympian

Lee Dae-hoon <3

I love extreme weather, especially Hurricanes and Tornadoes! I get a little worried when it happens but for some reason, it’s incredible to watch.

Did you know that Supercell tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3:00 and 9:00 in the evening?

• Posted at:

Reese

When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

I actually like when there is a tornado warning. I like the tention, believe it or not. I like the excitement.

• Posted at:

Windsong

Body of a human, heart and soul of an animal.

Whovian

Ravenclaw

Daughter of Athena

Weaselbe

Greencloak

And much, much, more! (I read a lot...)

"Only thing better than a kitten, is a sparkly kitten."~My friend

LAUREN YOU ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS

• Posted at:

HELLO

This is really exciting! I've never really been in a tornado, but I'm sure other parts of CA have. If there was a tornado, I'd be super scared. Luckily, we learned what to do in a natural disaster in my school! But if there actually was a tornado, I think I'd be too scared to remember XD. Hopefully I can stay calm and remember what to do... Anyway, I'm super excited for your blog!

• Posted at:

~Eagle

IceWing/RainWing hybrid

Willowfrost of LeafClan    

All you have to do is keep going, because if you gave up, what would all that hard work be for?

Miss Lauren,                                                                                                                   Friday, August 21st, In the year of our Lord, 2015

Could I recommend a historical event I would like to see a book written on in the future? If I may, I would recommend the fires ofChicago, Illinois, 1871.

There is a book called Down the Rabbit Hole by Susan Campbell Bartoletti. It is the diary of a girl named Pringle Duncan Rose, I don't know if you wanted

to do a fun twist instead of writing it in 3rd person, you could write it in 1st person, say a Diary entry? I don't know for sure, but I would like to see something like that. Thank you for your time, Miss Lauren.

Later...

sharkboots9

My name is Faith Honey. (We aren't allowed to say last names, so I won't put it.)

• Posted at:

I am a Christian

Super

Heroic

Awesome

Real-life

Kid

#LetTheCircleBeUnbroken 

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH

the place above india (can't remember the name but it starts with a b) is one of the most dangerous places for tornados, though actually less than canada, its building aren't tough and are easy to destroy

• Posted at:

i love the 39 clues and every thing else scholastic makes

it's good to be smart

It is so nice to some how connect with you. I LOVE your book!!!!

• Posted at:

same here but when i heard there was a tornado coming toward my town i freaked out but i did not feel it but still there still scary

• Posted at:

My Name Is Jeff

tornadoes do not just go in 1 direction but BOTH, believe it or not. The directions press up against each other, causing tension, creating a big,spinning,top of wind.

• Posted at:

Da Pink and black Cahill and the awesomest awesome Greencloak eva!                                       

Catdog5896!

You know my catchphrase: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

i fell the same wat afraid of tornados

• Posted at:

i have tons of book on tornados i want to chase them when i get older did u know that tornado shelters are often bulit underground and when a tornado hits u should stay on the west side in ur bacement

• Posted at:

I once lived in Pennsylvania, where tornado warnings were very common, I stayed calm, and went downstairs. A tornado never did truly hit.

• Posted at:

Kids rule! Why not stay friendly so we ALWAYS rule? Who's with me?

I have never actually witnesses a tornado but I am terrified of them. I'm just like Lauren because when my city gets a Tornado Watch I freak out too!! 

• Posted at:

I have never actually witnesses a tornado but I am terrified of them. I'm just like Lauren because when my city gets a Tornado Watch I freak out too!! 

• Posted at:

omg i love the book in 2005 hurrcane katrina because im named katrina 

• Posted at:

I have been researching tornadoes for a very long time for a school project. While I was researching I was able to pull out a few books about tornadoes ,but not small baby books big chapter books. I read 4 books about tornadoes every week I started a new one. I was able to learn that their is actually a "Tornado Alley" and the states that were in the tornado alley were Texas,Oklahoma,Lousiana,Arkansas,Missouri,Iowa,North Dakota,South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska. So that means that the Tornado Alley is humugus! I love learning about tornadoes and other natural disasters. Maybe one day I can figure out how to be even safer in these natural disasters and help people be safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JOEYLIN

• Posted at:

My neighbor in NJ said that a tornado went through his back yard years ago and took down a ton of his trees. But it didn't hit his house - he was very lucky!!!

• Posted at:

hi lauren love your novels of i survived all of them i love very much your really awesome  so i will like to take your historian challenge see you reply back by love  abigail

• Posted at:

hi

• Posted at:

I had a hurricane when i was born you might be familiar of hurricane Rita.

• Posted at:

AWSOME! But how many chapters were there in total?

• Posted at:

ALL THE I SURVIVED BOOKS ARE COOL. THEY HELP ME LEARN ABOUT HISTORIES GREATEST DISASTERS.

lauren um i was wondering if you could maybe do "i survived:the great tornado of 1925" it is the most deadliest tornado in u.s history!

• Posted at:

I hate tornados because nobody can survive a tornado but a old lady survived a stunamy and she was famous because of the stunamy thats cray cray.

• Posted at:

Growing up in Puerto Rico I am used to tornadoes and hurricanes. I still remember how scared I was during hurricane "Kyle"... IT WAS AWESOME!!!

• Posted at:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."--- JIM ELLIOT

Dont Worry Im Scared To When I Hear That a hurricane is gonna hit i freak out like katrina might hit Once We had a tornado mom just was stairing out

of the window 

• Posted at:

Swimmer DakotVampire

same here

• Posted at:

i agree i am terrified of them too. but i clear my mind and foucus and remember what to do.

• Posted at:

this was the tornado of 2015 my family goines i was staing the night at my grand maws in panama oklahoma i was playing a videogame and the sirenz went off so i hurryd to the storm shelter with my family we survived it toucht doun then went back up and reapeated it kild a person and broke a phone

tower and twisted the singn and trapt us from geting out it took 3 fire trucks just to get us out we got out the end

• Posted at:

um i live in the midle of tornado ally and i think theres more here

• Posted at:

i love all your book of I survived i think they are the best book i ever read.I love how they how they tell about real stuff that happened a long time ago 

love

elizabeth

• Posted at:

we never get tornados in

elgin tx

• Posted at:

I have experienced a hurricanes here I live in  Pennsylvania by never a tornado

i love the excitement of  tornadoes and researching them but I am also scared of them and would not like to experience one for myself 

• Posted at:

~ Caitlin  

my greatest fear are tornadoes

• Posted at:

EF-5 tornadoes  can knock a town down,  but a EF-1 can only really knock down a chicken coop 

• Posted at:

Tornados are most common in the middle east

• Posted at:

Hey guys! Do you want to know something about tornadoes?

oklahoma once had 15 tornadoes in one day!

P.S. In case you can't tell, I LOVE EMOJIS!!!

This one's pretty cool...

• Posted at:

Lauren you should make more I Survived books but I don't want to push it because you just wrote the Hindenburg Disaster,1937.The only reason I want you to make more I Survived books is because we like them and we would like to read more.

• Posted at:

Your Friend,

Daniel

so am i but i,f lifed though a tornado a ef-4 tornado and it killed 1 person

• Posted at:

peyton

1 ,