Hey Historians!

Admin Lisa Q. here with a question for you all: when it comes to nature, what’s your biggest fear?

Mine is the ocean—it’s deep, dark, and filled with dangerous creatures, so what’s not to be afraid of? If sharks weren’t a scary enough beast, there’s an even more deadly and dangerous creature out there—the box jellyfish. Curious how something as pretty as a jellyfish could be the world’s most venomous creature? Well, you’re in luck because for a limited time, we’re GIVING AWAY an ENTIRE story about the box jellyfish from the new I SURVIVED TRUE STORIES book, just for you! AWESOMESAUCE! Read about ten year-old Rachael Shardlow’s terrifying true encounter with a box jellyfish now!

After I read it, I never wanted to swim at a beach again (although, did I ever want to step foot into an ocean???), but was very inspired by Rachael’s courageous fight against what was the most severe box jellyfish attack on record.

If you want even more true tales of nature survival, remember there are three more stories in the book, which hits shelves on 9/29! Don’t forget to let us know what you think of Rachael's battle against the deadly box jellyfish! I’m curious -  what would you do if you saw a giant jellyfish swimming towards you?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Oh my gosh I LOVE I Survived and I can't believe you gave us a free story! I just read it and am never going swimming again!!!!! Now I need to read the rest of the stories in the book!!!!

• Posted at:

O_o

• Posted at:

Ocean Abott-dawn-a-stae-Hamiltonia

Slytherin ..and tiny philip

~~~~~   

"DEPRESSED CHILD OF DARKNESS I LIKE IT"-Chari

Queen of frdm and sea

"raiSE A GLaSS to freeeeDOM"-John Laurens

#ImNotClay

FF&Hamiltonfan

(∩◕ ω ◕)⊃━☆゚.* 

I have no clue what i would do if I saw one of those...Probably run..Maybe..

• Posted at:

Embyr Liz

Call me Embyr

-----------------

Proud Christian!

Queen of Lizards

Slytherin

For God so loved the world 

that he gave his only Begotten Son

that whosoever believeth in him

should not perish

but have everlasting life

John 3:16

Sweet! I'll find free time to look later. Hopefully soon!

If I saw a jellyfish swimming toward me... It would depend on how far away to was and how fast a swimmer. If is was far enough away that I wouldn't be able to kick it accedently, I would probably swim for it. I am a pretty strong swimmer. If it weren't... I would dodge it as much as possible while searching for something to get me away from it. Without touching or hurting it. (I love animals and would only be trying to get away because they are poisenious.) If there was nothing there, I might consider diving a little further down to gain enough space to get away. If it was super fast, I would be a goner.

• Posted at:

hi adim lisa i love that book that you made my fear of the ocean is jellyfish,sharks.especially stingrays so there you have it by sincerly,Abigail

• Posted at:

I love love I survive books

• Posted at:

That's really cool! Thanks!

I never actually swim in the ocean, so it's less likely for me to get stung, but it could happen. But since I could actually see the jellyfish, I'd run for it. I'd run onto shore, and probably a little farther so that I could watch the other people there. Watch and hope they don't get stung.

My biggest fear in nature is a Black Widow Spider. Yup. I'm scared of spiders, and this spider is the reason why.

~Eagle

• Posted at:

~Eagle

IceWing/RainWing hybrid

Willowfrost of LeafClan    

All you have to do is keep going, because if you gave up, what would all that hard work be for?

Hi Dusk,

I am also a HUGE Warriors and My favorite of the 4 clans is ThunderClan!

• Posted at:

If I saw one, I'd stay calm and try to get somewhere safe. Or scream and swim away. Towards land, most likely. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the ocean with even more of those!

• Posted at:

My official nickname shall be Poison Ivand nothing else.  Well, you can also call me Blu.

Soccer

Thread Ghost

SOON CHEERLEADING!

Team Mystic

It's kinda fun to do the impossible. ~Walt Disney

Where are they sold???????

• Posted at:

Wow

• Posted at:

YAY I'm SUPER EXCITED!!Lauren Tarshis is AWESOME!! Just read Joplin Tornado

• Posted at:

If i saw a giant jellyfish swimming towards me,i would panic i now

a lot about jellyfish so...i would swim away before i got stung.Because

if i got stung X  /

X  \  GAME OVER,but in real life!    ;3

• Posted at:

PINGASPINGAS PINGAS PINGAS

• Posted at:

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wanna lick that shark and barf in it

• Posted at:

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i love I Survived ive read almost all of them and i really want to read this one

• Posted at:

Awesome Sauce! I've read almost EVERY I Survived book and I get a free one?! AAWWWEEESOOOOOME SAAAUUUUCEEE!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

I LOVE I SURVIVED  because it is historical fiction and I would buy the free story right now but I can't but I want to notify the author that his writing is as impressive as the rest

• Posted at:

I read it, and I was just like:

O_O

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom, you look so pretty but you're gone so soon....

#RememberSkylarForever

Midnight, twin of Diamond (KittenUnicorn308)

Leo

Fudge, her SA

i read this book offline and is was so good i couldn't stop reading it! LOL!

write on!!!

• Posted at:

My biggest fears are death or being buried alive like in quicksand

Those are my BIGGEST fears

• Posted at:

I have red this book many many many times before and i love these books a lot and i bet a lot of people like this book too and i hope other a lot of other people read it too good luck and have fun reading her books a lot and hopefully she will love everyone and i know she does love everyone already because people love her book  A LOT...... HAVE so much FUN

• Posted at:

Hi i am bulldogenergetic36 and i have been playing for 2 years almost and I am playing today because i want to make new friends on spritanimals and thank you for supporting spiritanimals 

a

I would pee on it

• Posted at:

my biggest fear is probably spiders & bugs. i hate them soooooo much. But if i saw a jellyfish swimming towards me, what i would do would probably depend on where i was. am i swimming in the ocean or just playing on the beach?

• Posted at:

I was always afraid of king cobras.

• Posted at:

Love It!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Great!!!

• Posted at:

I agree! I'm never gonna go swimming in Australia again. And I'm  glad that I wasn't living in the 1800 s  . I hope I won't se a shark as vicious as the shark from 1916 I belive it was a great white shark. 

• Posted at:

ok

• Posted at:

MLG 

I got mine at target 

• Posted at:

~ Caitlin  

Hi admin lisa q. my biggest fear of the ocean are sharks when they bite you do they run away 

• Posted at:

Do you think you still have to sell?

-Fang

• Posted at:

I am a pianist, biker, I play lots and lots of video games,  and I am AWESOME!!! 

I love the band Keen!

My nickname is Fang. And please don't call me anything else.

I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!!! IF YOU AGREE WITH ME, WRITE THIS.  VG FOREVER!!