Aww... :( That's disappointing ;_;...

Chocolate is goodddddd :D

Yeah, you can tell me about it if you'd like ^_^

Well, we're having a recital kind of soon. So we're all trying to finish up perfecting our pieces. I'm playing a duet with my dad o_o

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Christyna~

Yea, chocolate is good...

He hasn't gotten the score sheet thing back yet but he thinks scales went pretty well (he played Eb, B, and Ab in 2 octaves... in that order, I think...)... The first movement of "Spring" (the part that most people are familiar with) went pretty well although he thinks he may have played it a little too legato and made the song not so cheerful... His sudden shift to put his second finger on the harmonic E may have been a little out of tune... He thinks he cut off the part where he kind of spams a single note for a beat or two depending on where it is a little too early... which means that the high fast part where he puts 6 into a quarter came too earlier... as for that part itself... it went pretty well except for the end where the violin kinda like... squeaked/sounded messy for some reason... In the second movement... well... he doesn't think his bowing was smooth and legato enough... his vibrato probably wasn't enough because he barely has any vibrato... and he shifted too high once and had to fix it while playing... The third movement went ok at first... the part with the staccato eighth notes were a little eh but still were ok... the doublestops on the second page went ok although not as well as he could've hoped considering the special attention he gave that part... then, for the sudden piano right after the doublestops... he was ok at first, but then he lost focus for a split second and he accidentally shifted down way too early... so his fingers fumbled there a little... Btw, he didn't have to play all of "Spring"... he played the entire first movement, played half of the second movement, and roughly two-thirds of the last movement because the judge does stop you when he/she has heard enough to score you...

Wow... you're playing multiple songs...? Is it fun to play with your dad...? What song are you guys playing...? By duet, are you guys on seperate pianos or the same piano...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

"How dare it eat my post..." -Erica

Don't trust the Friends list for whether I'm online or not. I often check the MBs not logged on.

*Boom*

i want chocolate o_o

Aww... I guess he knows the little things he can work on to be better in the future? ;_; I would be so stressed out playing for judges; he's brave >.<

I'm playing a solo and the duet. The duet part is fairly easy since... well, Dad doesn't play piano. o_o We're teaching him just what he needs to know to play this particular song. (Although, I believe he played a duet with Mom once maybe...?)

Yeah, it's fun, but kind of difficult at the same time because we're a lot alike and both kind of hard on ourselves o_o Us perfectionists...

We're playing on the same piano. And... I actually can't remember what the piece is called o_o ...That's terrible... It's a classical kind of piece...

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

What kind of chocolate...?

Yea, true...

XD Lol

XD Lolol Does being alike make it a little difficult to work together or does being perfectionists make it a little difficult...?

Lol... by any chance... would it be "The Sleeping Beauty" Waltz by Tchaikovsky...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

Don't trust the Friends list for whether I'm online or not. I often check the MBs not logged on.

*Boom*

Hmm... Some kind of milk chocolate.

I just had icecream cakeeeeeee

Well, both, I guess... Neither of us are very good about regularly practicing o_o If he misses a note, he finds it and then plays it really loud; it's funny... >.<

It's mostly the lack of practice that makes it difficult. You would think with how perfectionistic we are that we'd practice a lot, but... o_o

Mom said the duet is called "The Swan", but she doesn't really know how to say the name of the person who wrote it... o_o It's a simplified version, though.

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

*gives you some kind of milk chocolate*

:O Luckyyyyyyy

What kind of icecream was it...?

XD Lol

Ah yes... maybe because you guys are perfectionists and because you guys don't have it perfectly yet... neither of you guys want to practice regularly because it's not perfect...? Did that make sense...?

Lol... interesting... I shall look it up now... Was it written by Saint-Saëns...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Yayyyy, chocolate :D

It was both chocolate and vanilla icecream. It was good ^_^

That actually makes a lot of sense; yeah...

That sounds right, yeah... o_o she spelled it for me and I think that's what she said.

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Of course it would be good... it's icecream...! Well... maybe expired icecream isn't...?

I got icecream today...! I haven't eaten any yet but like... it exists in a place where I can eat it safely... I think you eating icecream may have somehow triggered a reaction... :P

Hours knows that composer... apparently, he had to play a little bit of his music last year for Orchestra... he doesn't remember for sure but he said that his orchestra teachers said it was pronounced something like "seh-saans"... he's not sure though so he plans on asking his orchestra teacher on Wednesday(that's the next time he has orchestra)...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Yeah expired icecream would probably be gross...

:D yay for icecream

Ohhh, okay... Cool.

Tomorrow is the last day our homeschool group is meeting until next school yearrrrrrr....

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Did you guys have a party...? Does that mean you don't have school anymore for a while...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

They ordered pizza and stuff like they do at the end of each quarter. And I'll still have school for a little longer, just not Spanish, since that was one of my classes there.

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Oh, I see... interesting... What kind(s) of pizza did they order...? Also, how much Spanish do you know...? By how much, I mean like speaking in present progressive, past tense, present tense etc. and the topics that you can hold a conversation in.

Sorry for not responding last night...

Hours and the other current members of their group are going to play for a concert next week Thursday... or at least they are as of right now... basically, one of their members has a little bit of difficulty with coming in at the right time and playing the rhythms correctly... even though the arrangement strictly followed the actual song... so it's probably just because this member needs to get more familiar with the song... But anyway... this time, the arrangement is by Hours with some help from the other member of the group so it won't sound as cool and it definitely isn't as difficult as Crossing Field was since Hours learned his piano part in less than a week and they basically started seriously putting it together a few days ago...

I shouldn't jinx it but Hours is also currently learning Animenz's arrangement of Swordland... they are hoping to play it roughly a year from now... That being said, yes, Hours did drop Bios because he got bored of it...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

There was cheese... and some were sausage. and pepperoni?

I'm for sure not fluent. I couldn't really carry on a conversation... A very brief one, maybe o_o

It's okay, I understand.

Ohhh, okay :o That's exciting...! I hope everything goes well for them ^_^

Oh, okay, I see. Yeah, it's no fun to work on a piece if you don't really like it... o_o 

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

What kind of cheese, if you know...? No pineapples...?

What topic could you carry a brief conversation in...? Btw, I'm not fluent in Spanish either XD

Same here... after all those hours Hours spent pouring over the music... It's only roughly a minute and a half long...

Yea... talking about music, Hours got his scoring sheet for the levels thing back... do you want to hear about what the judge said about him...? It was a little difficult to read but I could send some of the things the judge said... Only if you're interested though... I keep feeling like I'm pressing things about Hours onto you... >.<

Ok... then something about me... I ate a big slice of cake today...! :D

Sorry... I probably sound different right now because it is pretty late...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

I don't know... And nope, no pineapple.

Basically just "how are you" blah blah blah that kinda stuff o_o... And I can order food at a restaurant in Spanish if I had to. (It stresses me out, though. :P)

Lol, nooooo, it's okay. Yeah, you can tell me ^_^

:D cake! What kinda cake?

Lolz don't apologizeeeee, it's okay o_o 

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Ok... I'll pretend to be a waiter then...? That means the setting is a restaurant for this portion...?

¿Qué desea tomar?

Great (blank) and concentration in your performance. I like the trills and articulate staccato-very colorful

(blank) (blank) (blank) skills on the notes- thank your teacher.

Intonation is mostly precise- only an occasional tendency to sharpen

Needs attention- This will only (blank) as you mature.

A sweet, (blank) tone- nice

The Sleeping Goatherd would be more interesting if you add some ornamental (blank) in the Baroque style.

Pastoral Dance A lively character- good

Make (blank) [insert doted 8th with a 16th with another 8th note rhythm here] (blank) became [insert a scribble] [insert 3 8th notes rhythm]. Sharpen the 16th note.

Get the double stops in tune

You have a fine talent, have fun in the (blank)

The blanks are words that we couldn't read... honestly, we could've read some of the words that we figured out incorrectly... I didn't send the first 2 sentences where the judge basically said "Good afternoon. Thank you for playing" The underlined portions are names of the last 2 movements of Hours' piece... "The Sleeping Goatherd" is the entire name of the second movement but for some reasons the judge didn't underline "Goatherd"... The judge actually did draw a smiley face on the paper... it just wasn't colored...

I don't even know... O_O It was soft... not too sugary... It had multiple layers... like maybe 4 layers...? And then it was this thin white layer with some brown liquid-y stuff on top...? I think the brown liquid-y stuff was caramel although I don't know... but it was definitely safe to eat as I'm fine right now :P

I don't know what else to say... >.<

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Lolz, okay, let's see...

Hola, señor, buenas tardes! Un coca cola, por favor, y una té con limon por mi amigo. (...I did look up the words to figure out the accent marks. Then I got lazy so... yeah o_o I think there's one still missing at least.)

XD... Idk why, it's just kinda funny you couldn't read it >.

O_O Lol, as long as it was good and hasn't hurt you... I've eaten some things before that tasted good until I found out what was actually in it o_o ...but usually cake is 100% good o.o 

So, I probably have mentioned before that we have like a family business? Well, this weekend we just got in... 17 or 18 pallets o_o Some people we know from church have a barn and they don't use all of the space, so we were temporarily storing some of our inventory there. But then when we got all those 18 pallets in we decided it was time to start renting some warehouse space o_o

So, yeah, we have warehouse space available now! ^_^ I haven't been there yet, but hopefully I'll get to go soon.

...I typed out something else about a bird's nest, but it looked really long, so. o_o... I can send that if you want but I don't wanna bore you.

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Yea... lemon is "limón"...

Aquí tienen ustedes.

XD LOL It was really amusing to watch Hours and his smart friends like Sophia fail at reading... They were stuttering and arguing and going like, "WHAT IS THAT?!"

Like Oreos...?

Yea, you have mentioned that before... A pallet is one of those wooden things that carry stuff on them, right...? Wow... the business is expanding then...? Yay! :D

You can send it... If it's long, then it's probably because there are a lot of details/things to say, which therefore would make it not boring if you could write so much about it...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

o.o Oops. Still learning, okay...! XD

XD That's funny...

Wait what's wrong with Oreos :o they're amazinggggg

Yessss, that's what a pallet is. And yeah, the business is expanding... It's crazy to think about how far we've come in a year

It's not super long, it just made the post look long after I'd put in the part about the business... So..  here:

So our porch light has been out for a while now and we hadn't fixed it, but recently we discovered a bird had built a nest inside of it. The dead light bulbs are still in there, even o_o Then we saw that there were five or six eggs inside the nest ^_^

But then today we went to check on the eggs cause Mom heard chirping and wanted to see if the eggs were hatched, and we can't see the eggs anymore... They haven't hatched-- at least, there were no baby birds in there. The mother bird could have maybe pushed the eggs farther behind the light bulbs, Dad said. I hope, like, an animal didn't the eggs or something ;_;

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

XD Lol

Idk if it's true or not but like the stuff that's used to make the frosting...? Either way, Oreos are amazing and I would definitely eat one(provided that nothing bad has been done to it) if it was offered ^_^

Mm... yea...

Oh, lol... lol "dead lightbulbs"... I got scared for a second there... thought you were going to say "dead birds" or something... Woah... That's cool... Yea... they deserve a chance to live... Do you know what kind of bird these birds are...?

Hours took a really long test today... it lasted from like 8-1... obviously they had a few breaks(17 minutes of break in total, I think...?) and some time was spent reading the directions... but still... it was really long... Hours says that he probably failed it really badly(that's probably only because he thinks he got some questions wrong that he shouldn't have gotten wrong... but like... it was grueling and his brain was tired...)... At least his score this time won't affect anything as it doesn't count since he's not in a high enough grade in school...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Oh, that's interesting, I never heard about that.

Lolz. We thought they were cardinals at first, but we aren't really sure now...

:o wow, that is a long test... Hopefully he did okay, though...!

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

¿Cómo estás?

You can answer in whatever language you like...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

¿Muy bien, y tu?

wait so do you know Spanish or are you looking this up? I can't remember if I asked this already or not, sorry.... >.<

my homeschool choir is singing tomorrow for all the parents and family and everything. o_o

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Yo estoy bien, también.

Lol, no need to apolgize... I'm not fluent in Spanish but I can have conversations with people... to a certain extent, of course...

:O How was it...? What song(s) did you guys sing...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

-randomly doesn't know what to say next- ...Me gusta la pizza?...  o_o...

Ohhh, okay ^_^ Cool. I like learning Spanish, I just feel like I'm never gonna be, like, fluent or whatever o_o

Ehh they were church songs. It went pretty smoothly, actually, I think we did well.

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

XD I nearly read what you said wrong because there is this song called "Me Gustas Tu" (I think the grammar might be incorrect but...) and I thought you somehow knew it for a split second... >.<

¿Te gusta la piña encima de tu pizza?

Or should "en" or "sobre" be used instead of "encima de"...?

Yea... it takes some effort to learn it... but at least you won't be completely lost when listening to Spanish...

That's good.

Interestingly enough... Hours just had a pretty big event tonight... These people were being inducted into this thing, and since Hours is in the Chamber orchestra, he had to come play music for the audience with the rest of the orchestra before the event started and when the people were walking onto the stage... After everyone was inducted, Hours and the 2 members in their group as well as one other person(not Sophia) played the song that Hours and one of his group members arranged for the concert tomorrow while the people were getting off of the stage... They happened to have ended just as the last of the people were getting off(it wasn't rehearsed/planned)... Originally, it was going to be this person in the grade above them playing piano and, I'm not sure about this but I think this person was playing with a few other Chamber members... but then some things came up so Hours and his group and the one other person got to step in... They didn't know about this until today after half the school day was over, but since Hours and his group members already had the song down and the person that joined them is also in Chamber, they managed fine...

Hours says he's going to do his best to get a recording of them playing at the concert tomorrow... He also says that he's going to try to put together and release a video showing their hands and release the sheet music with that video... but if that can't happen, he'll have to put the link to sheet music in the description of the live version... assuming the thing that he plans to upload the sheet music on will give them the ability to upload sheet music...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Agh, I answered this last night... It didn't post I guess.

Oh, who is the song by? :P I misread what you said, too; my brain was not working last niiiiiight o_o

...-doesn't know how to say the answer in Spanish- >.<

I think you said it right though

Oh wow :o That sounds fun! Glad it went well for him :D

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

The song is by a K-Pop group called GFriend... XD Lol

Um... sorry... >.<

Btw, it meant: Do you like pineapple on your pizza?

That's good...

Sorry for not responding last night... Hours and his friends were going on for quite a while about the concert so... >.<

Should I tell you about it or nah...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Oh, okay.

I've actually never eaten pineapple on my pizza. I've eaten macaroni and cheese pizza before though XP

Oh, it's alright. Yeah you can tell me about it if you want. 

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Wow... What was it like...? Was there macaroni and cheese on top of the cheese of the pizza...?

Hours and his two group members opened the concert by playing the song that Hours and one of the group members arranged... According to Hours, the violins did better that time than they did the night before... but unfortunately, Hours messed up a little so the recording isn't perfect... But they did get a pretty good quality recording... Hours has no idea when it'll be uploaded because he doesn't have the tools to overlay the black with an image... After they played, they went up onto the stage and sat in their seats because the orchestra would be playing first... Btw, this concert was just of their grade's orchestra, chorus, and band... Anyway, this is when Sophia said, "Good job" to Hours and said that they did mess up a little... Things started off pretty well for Hours(he was sitting on the outside of the second row of the 1st violin section... His two group members were on the outside and the first seat inside of the outside of the first row... Seating honestly doesn't matter in their orchestra though...) until their last song... Right after their second to last song, Hours' D string popped... that is to say, the D string of his violin suddenly became very flat(it was somewhere between the first B below middle C and middle C, instead of the first D above middle C)... and Hours didn't notice until the song had already started and he played a note on the D string... To cope with this, Hours started shifting to 4th or 5th position on the G string every time he needed to play notes that he normally could've played in 1st position on the D string... As the song went on, he decided to just fake playing the notes on the D string because constantly jumping from the A string to the G string probably made him look like he was lost/had no idea what he was doing/having a seizure(maybe...?)... Now that he thinks about it, he probably could've shifted his hand up a whole step and a half(3rd position?) to play the notes normally on the D string... After the orchestra played, the Chorus sang... Hours couldn't go listen though because apparently they had to stay in the orchestra room... but someone did tell Hours that the Chorus was really bad and sang pretty out of tune... After the Chorus, the Band played... Hours got to listen to 2 of their songs before he had to get his stuff from the Orchestra room to wait to be picked up... And that was basically what happened at the concert... A random detail: Hours got to wear a clip-on tie that sorta made him look like he was from Gryffindor because it was red and because he had a crest(not a lion) on his shirt...

O_O That was a lot a typing... I normally would proofread it for typing mistakes but I don't feel like reading it over because it's so long... >.< Hopefully it all made sense...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

Yeahhhh, it was amazing :o

Wow, sounds like it was a little crazy XP sounds like fun thoughhhh :D

Lol, that's okay; yeah it made sense.

So, how are you?

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

:O How dare you... now I must try it even if it means having people bring the components to me... :P Wait so... there was melted cheese on top of cheese...?

It was very fun for them... and tiring too XD

That's good...

I'm like how I usually am... yourself...? Btw, today was Mother's Day... I think... except I didn't really do anything out of ordinary... >.<

-_- I sound funny today...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

yaaaas, you must try it ^_^

Lol, I'm surrrrre 

I'm... alive. XP And yeahhhh it was mother's day recently ^_^

why do you think you sound funny

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

XD

Because I said "How dare you", the use of faces seemed to have increased, and my thoughts seemed extremely scattered...?

Hours and his group uploaded the video of their concert yesterday... it sounds a lot better than their Crossing Field video although it's not perfect...

Hours was also wondering if you would know of any good piano pieces to increase the speed of the fingers...?

How has the piano duet with your dad been going...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

...sorry i know it took forever for me to reply

oh, okay, i'll have to watch that tomorrow :o

Hmm... i don't really know of any in particular... ;_; i'm sorry.

the duet is going pretty well, we just need a lot more practice and we don't have a lot of time o_o

how have you been?

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

Lol, don't worry about it... stuff in life happens...

So... how was it...?

That's ok... Hours can probably come up with his own since he does play violin...

So then the duet would be going... eh overall...?

I've been like how I usually am... it just so happened that the days that you didn't reply were days were I happened to have been extremely busy... and it just so happened that you replied when I didn't have that much work...

Hours and his music group and Sophia(Sophia used to be part of it... but she had to leave the group between their 1st ever and 2nd performance... so it's kinda like a "reunion" even though they were still friends... but like in terms of practicing and performing together, it's their 2nd time as the 4 of them) have been putting together a 4 violin quartet(not anime or anything... it was composed by Carl Bohm)... Hours doesn't think it's going well at all because they can't stay together... one of the violinists doesn't seem very confident with the part and the person who Hours wanted to play the 1st violin part is starting to make Hours doubt his decision... To make matters slightly worse, they haven't found a single video of the song they're trying to play...

Hours has also hit another rough spot in his life struggling with himself and other people around him... For example, he's probably going to have this eye test tomorrow but his right eye is pretty bad so...

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

how was what...? o_o i... forgot... what we were talking about o_o....

Since Dad has basically never played the piano in his entire life, the duet is going amazingly well... o_o ...But it might not be ready in time for the recital... XP

Aww... hopefully they can learn the piece, that would be really cool if they could...

How did the eye test go...?

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

The video, lol... XD XD XD XD XD

Oh... I see... I understand now... You guys will be able to put it together in time, and the recital will go amazingly well...!

Yea...

Actually... big surprise for Hours... he didn't have to do it because he isn't going into this particular grade next year... In other words, he evaded it this time but a year from now, he's going to have to take it... although his eyes do get checked more often than yearly so hopefully the next time he goes to the eye doctor, they can fix his right eye's sight...? He's had to deal with it at multiple checks though and each time, he managed to pass with flying colors somehow... O_O But he really hopes it'll be fixed so he won't have to be so nervous every time...

This isn't really relevant but in Orchestra, Hours and the rest of his grade's orchestra finished watching Moana... like that Disney movie that came out fairly recently...? Have you watched the movie before...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

>.< Oh... sorry, that's right... I'm not really sure what happened there.... But yes I watched the video (like, almost three times at this point; it's on repeat right now.) It's amazingggggg :o

Also, I turned it on the higher speed like it suggested in the description and it was so funny imagining them actually playing at that speed in real life o_o... (The normal speed didn't bother me, btw, I only put it on the faster speed because that's what it said XP)

:o Ohhhh, I'm sure he was happy to hear that he didn't have to do the test yet :D 

Nooo, I haven't seen Moana yet... Someone I know saw it and really liked it, but I personally haven't seen it. Is it good?

...also, by this point i've listened to the video like six times while i was typing this o_o...

• Posted at:

~Christyna~

XD Lol... I've told Hours and his group what you said; they are really happy that people enjoy their video despite how it wasn't perfect at all... They are really pleased that you could listen to the video on repeat without getting tired of it...

XD XD XD XD XD Lol you do have a point... Hours and his group thanks you for the feedback on how the slower tempo wasn't bothersome because (mainly) Hours was worrying about how it was slow and not lively...

Yep, that's for sure... Funniest thing is, today both of his eyes were fine...

The music is pretty good in my opinion... it was also pretty funny...

XD Lolololol

Sorry for not responding last night... Hours had this math competition today where he missed most of the school day... and had to rush back to school for another school concert... Would you be willing to hear about the math competition and the concert...?

• Posted at:

(General) Cody

*Boom*

1 , 2 , 3 ... , 20 ,