Hello Historians!

Now I'm sure you already know that tornadoes are unpredictable -- they can change direction in an instant! But did you also know that since they are so hard to predict, tornadoes are especially difficult to study? That's why tornado experts are so amazing!

You ALSO may not know that one of history's most famous tornado experts, Ted Fujita, known as Mr. Tornado, inspired the system for categorizing the strength of tornadoes.

Do you want to read more about how tornadoes are studied? Click here to learn more on Mr. Tornado, and why I Survived author, Lauren Tarshis, wrote about him in her newest book, Tornado Terror.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I love tornadoes but they very dangerous I can't wait to read the tornado book I very excited
  • Posted at:

I wish i could have met GEN.George Patton. Because I like military and police.

• Posted at:

sorry, this website is confusing to me, but if i could meet any figure in history it would be Chief Tecumseh. he seemed to be a nice guy with a good spirit when he wasn't fighting. also, i just thought of this, there is no answer to how the great chicago fire started, but i have a theory. in lauren's book about the fire, the police officer in the beginning when they get to chicago says that there were many boys like Otis Webber at the time. what if one of those kids or groups of kids started the fire so they could go looting in the empty houses and  steal all the valubles.

-    Garrett in GA

• Posted at:

Garrett in Georgia